Zenith Minerals reports mineralised area doubles at Earaheedy zinc-lead-silver joint venture

Earaheedy Rumble Resources Zenith Minerals ASX ZNC RTR zinc lead
Assays from drilling at Chinook revealed 49m at 2.45% zinc and lead from 18m.

Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) and Rumble Resources (ASX: RTR) have more than doubled the size of previous known zinc-lead-silver mineralisation at the Chinook discovery within the Earaheedy joint venture in Western Australia.

Zenith has a 25% free-carried interest in the joint venture with Rumble holding the other 75%. Zenith also holds a 100% nearby ground.

Drilling at Earaheedy has now expanded the surface expression at the Chinook prospect to more than 3km by 1km, with that area more than double the size of the previously known mineralisation

Follow-up drilling is underway at the joint venture, which is part of a broader 30,000m program.

This work has been designed to scope out the size and potential of the Chinook zinc-lead discovery.

Drilling to target high-grade zones

Zenith explained that, once the overall extent of mineralisation is better understood, drilling will then focus on defining zones of higher-grade zinc, lead, manganese and silver, including high-grade feeder faults.

“Mineralisation remains open and unconstrained in all directions,” the company noted.

So far 13 holes (for 2,500m) have been completed, representing 8% of the current program.

New assays include what the company describes as “very thick” mineralised intersections.

These include 49m at 2.45% zinc and lead, with mineralisation beginning at 18m down hole, including 38m at 2.78% zinc and lead, 4.6% manganese and 2.9 grams per tonne silver, including a 9m higher grade interval, described by the company as near-surface oxide mineralisation.

Another hole assayed at 52m at 1.78% zinc and lead from 126m and ending in mineralisation. There was a higher-grade interval of 8m at 3.43% zinc and lead and 5.1g/t silver.

This was the first reverse circulation drill hole sunk 500m northwest along strike from the previous drilling limit.

Potential for ‘world class’ discovery

Zenith chairman Peter Bird said the new results are encouraging and he expects a constant flow of assays from the 30,000m drilling program.

“This is a very exciting time for the partners as we attempt to scope out the limits of the zinc mineralisation that remains open in all directions.

“The new zones of thick zinc mineralisation from just four holes already point towards a significant expansion of the mineralised envelope,” Mr Bird said.

“This initial work suggests [that] a large-scale, world-class discovery remains open along strike and both up and down dip.

The Earaheedy joint venture is located about 110km north of Wiluna.

    Join Small Caps News

    Get notified of the latest news, interviews and stock alerts.