Venus Metals Corporation begins field work to review lithium potential at Henderson project

Venus Metals ASX VMC lithium Henderson gold nickel project Western Australia
Historical mapping at Venus Metals Corporation’s Henderson project identified pegmatite dykes, which may contain lithium.

Venus Metals Corporation (ASX: VMC) has begun sampling and mapping to review the lithium potential within its Henderson gold-nickel project in Western Australia’s eastern goldfields following Red Dirt Metals’ (ASX: RDT) recent discoveries at its neighbouring project.

Last month, Red Dirt revealed it had identified substantial lithium intersections in historic drill core from its Mt Ida tenement which abuts Venus’ Henderson project to the north.

Notable results from the review were 24m at 1.84% lithium and 350 parts per million tantalum from 160m; 26.2m at 1.84% lithium and 210ppm tantalum from 283m; and 12m at 1.7% lithium and 200ppm tantalum from 150m.

Red Dirt noted historic drilling at Mt Ida had been previously assessed for lithium potential. With the latest results combined with several rock chips exceeding 2% lithium, Red Dirt kicked off an aggressive drilling program at the project earlier this week.

According to Venus, exploration in the region’s Mt Ida/Ularring greenstone belt has an increasing new focus on lithium.

To the south of Henderson Ora Banda Mining (ASX: OBM) has reported lepidolite-rich lithium occurrences as well as spodumene.

Henderson lithium exploration

With the increasing interest in the region’s lithium potential and Henderson’s proximity, Venus initiated a review of the landholding.

Historical mapping has confirmed the presence of pegmatite dykes, which may contain lithium, across Venus’ Snake Hill and Emerald South prospects.

The company has begun sampling and mapping programs to determine the composition of the pegmatites.

During the first field visit, 97 rock chips were collected with assays pending.

Henderson spans a large 800 square kilometre area and comprises five exploration licences.

The project hosts 25km of strike across the Mt Ida/Ularring greenstone belt.

Sampling is focusing on tenement E30/520 where Venus owns 90% and an unnamed prospector retains the other 10%. The initial program is also prioritising another tenement E29/1112, where Venus holds 100%.

    Join Small Caps News

    Get notified of the latest news, interviews and stock alerts.