Predictive Discovery welcomes Resolute Mining as JV partner, gold exploration success continues at Boundiali

Predictive Discovery ASX PDI Resolute Mining RSG gold intersection Boundiali Kokoumbo
Predictive Discovery has revealed a 3m at 14.97g/t gold intersection at Boundiali.

Predictive Discovery (ASX: PDI) has welcomed Resolute Mining (ASX: RSG) as its new joint venture partner in Cote D’Ivoire, while revealing ongoing exploration success at the Boundiali project in the region.

Reverse circulation drilling was carried out in June and tested a 920m section of the Nyangboue gold zone.

Predictive said assays have now been received from the 16-hole program and included 65 reportable gold intervals.

Better results were 3m at 14.97 grams per tonne gold from 9m, 13m at 1.92g/t gold from 68m, 16m at 1.64g/t gold from 7m, and 4m at 3.56g/t gold from 109m.

Predictive managing director Paul Roberts said the results build on those obtained during the April-May infill program, which resulted in a notable 27m at 2.42g/t gold intersection.

“Given that the mineralisation is open to the north, south and down dip, there is clearly more drilling to be done at Nyangboue to determine the full size of the gold mineralised system,” Mr Roberts said.

“When combined with the new gold mineralisation discovered in the Boundiali North permit, the potential scale of the mineralised systems at Boundiali continue to grow.”

Predictive and Resolute joint venture

Resolute became Predictive’s joint venture partner in Cote D’Ivoire earlier this month, when it completed its takeover of Toro Gold.

The duo’s joint tenure covers 2,344 square kilometres of granted permits and includes Boundiali and two other projects – Ferkessedougou North and Kokoumbo.

Resolute owns 70% of the joint venture projects, while Predictive retains the other 30%.

Commenting on today’s results, Mr Roberts said it was a “great start” to the joint venture with Resolute.

“We look forward to working with Resolute to uncover more gold in the Boundiali project and across our joint venture projects in Cote D’Ivoire,” he added.

By early afternoon, the gold exploration news had spurred Predictive’s share price up more than 14% to reach $0.016.

Meanwhile, Resolute’s share price had slipped 0.91% to $1.625.

Join Small Caps News

Get notified of the latest news, events, and stock alerts.