Green Technology Metals finds more pegmatites at Junior

Go to Robin Bromby author's page
By Robin Bromby - 
Green Technology Metals ASX GT1 pegmatites lithium Junior Ontario Seymour

Capping a week when it went to 100% ownership of its Junior lithium project in Ontario, Green Technology Metals (ASX: GT1) has concluded a five-month field program at its Eastern Hub which confirmed additional lithium-caesium-tantalum (LCT) pegmatites.

Junior is located 22km east of the company’s flagship Seymour project, and is one of six projects that comprise the company’s Eastern Hub.

The Western Hub consists of four projects including Root.

Green Technology is at present sitting on a global resource of 22.5 million tonnes at 1.14% lithium oxide.

Pegmatites up to 40m long

Junior covers 109 sq km and the company sees it as a base from which to make further lithium discoveries and also to expand the resource base for Seymour.

In March Green Technology had signed a binding agreement with Landore Resources Canada to acquire 80% of Junior, and earlier this week took possession of the remaining 20% for C$1.8 million in a scrip and cash deal.

The field exploration at Junior confirmed LCT spodumene-bearing pegmatites up to 40 metres in length and about 6m wide.

In addition, “significant” lithia grade up to 3.23% was returned from rock chip samples, and with visible spodumene.

Green technology says that Junior now boasts proven grade and multiple occurrences.

Focus now moving back to Seymour

These occurrences indicate the likelihood of stacked pegmatites or a potentially fertile intrusive system and have the potential to add to the company’s resource base, the company states.

Green Technology’s chief executive officer, Luke Cox, said this has been a big exploration season with field teams covering a large amount of ground in the Eastern Hub.

“As we conclude our field exploration activities for the season, our attention now shifts back to drilling at our flagship Seymour project,” he added.

A 58-hole (7,736m) drilling program has already begun to upgrade the North and South Aubry deposits within Seymour.

The company is also planning maiden drilling at Tape Lake, part of the Junior project.