Drilling at Chinook prospect confirms continuous zinc-lead mineralisation for Zenith Minerals

Zenith Minerals Rumble Resources ASX ZNC RTR Earaheedy Chinook zinc lead mineralisation
Zenith Minerals has returned high-grade zinc-lead results from the Kalitan high-grade feeder zone within the WA project.

New results from drilling at Zenith Minerals’ (ASX: ZNC) Chinook zinc-lead-silver-copper discovery within the Earaheedy joint venture project in Western Australia have confirmed the presence of further high-grade and continuous mineralisation.

Assays from the Kalitan high-grade feeder zone, located along the northeast margin of Chinook, returned high-grade zinc-lead results with a highlight of 13m at 6.94% zinc-lead (6.27% zinc, 0.67% lead) and 3 grams per tonne silver from 137m, including 6m at 10.51% zinc-lead and 2.37g/t silver from 141m.

The hole ended in strong mineralisation grading 4.58% zinc-lead at 216m.

Drilling was completed 300m northwest along strike of a previous hole which returned an intersection in January of 20m at 8.78% zinc-lead including 8m at 14.61% zinc-lead, within a broader zone of 51m at 4.76% zinc-lead.

Continuity of mineralisation

Zenith said numerous new zinc-lead drill results grading more than 2% have highlighted the strong continuity of mineralisation within Chinook’s large 4.1km by 1.9km footprint which remains open in all directions.

Highlights have been 17m at 4.88% zinc-lead and 3.33g/t silver from 72m including 9m at 6.22% zinc-lead (5.55% zinc, 0.67% lead) from 75m; 17m at 4.18% zinc-lead and 5.12g/t silver from 110m; 7m at 4.04% zinc-lead and 6.17g/t silver from 141m; 17m at 3.59% zinc-lead and 2.06g/t silver from 68m; and 20m at 3.63% zinc-lead and 2.82g/t silver from 63m.

Ongoing campaign

Chief executive officer Mick Clifford was pleased with results from the ongoing campaign.

“The new results have again returned thick, high-grade zinc-lead mineralisation [at the Kalitan zone] and new extensional and infill results from Chinook demonstrate the high-grade and continuous nature of mineralisation,” he said.

“We look forward to reporting further exciting developments on the four zinc-lead discoveries made in 2021 during our exploration at Earaheedy.”

Joint venture equity

Zenith owns a 25% free carried interest in the Earaheedy joint venture while Rumble Resources (ASX: RTR) owns the remaining 75%.

The project area covers the contact between the overlying Frere Iron Formation and underlying Yelma Formation of the Earaheedy Basin, east of Wiluna.

In April, the joint venture partners announced a major zinc-lead discovery with ‘Tier 1’ potential at Chinook, which lies 12km from the project’s Magazine prospect.

The two prospects are joined by mineralisation at Tonka, Navajoh and in a feeder fault below the Chinook mineralisation.

Within the broader region, Zenith controls 100km of prospective mineralised strike which also has potential to contain multiple large tonnage zinc-lead deposits.

    Join Small Caps News

    Get notified of the latest news, interviews and stock alerts.